For the safety of our patients, we have made significant changes to both our physical facilities and our office systems. We will be slowly opening our office for non-emergency patient care starting May 4.
Each patient will be contacted by phone, text, or email and screened before confirming their orthodontic appointment.
What are we doing in response to COVID-19?
We are monitoring the situation carefully and are continuously working to make your visit to our office among the safest destinations of your day. We continue to follow all State of Georgia and CDC infection control procedures. In addition, due to COVID-19, we have made the following modifications to our office systems and our infection mitigation procedures:
- We have remodeled our common areas including the waiting area to maximize social distancing
- We have modified our office systems to minimize patient to patient transmission of COVID-19
- We are making extra sweeps through the office with medical-grade surface disinfectant.
- We have modified our schedule to eliminate crowds in our common areas.
- We have installed Ultraviolet light devices in our HVAC units to reduce or eliminate viral and bacterial particles in the air
- We are monitoring all staff for any symptoms of illness, including daily temperature monitoring.
- We are screening all patients for any signs of illness with a brief questionnaire at each visit and taking temperatures before anyone is allowed to enter the office.
We have implemented a very specific check-in procedure to maintain social distancing:
- Upon arriving at the office please call the office telephone number to check-in from your car
- You will be asked some health screening questions at that time
- When it is time for the patient to be seen we will call your cell phone to enter the office
- We ask that only the patient, and if necessary, one guardian come into the office *if a guardian comes into the office they will need to wear a mask (our office cannot supply)
- Patient (and guardian) temperatures will be taken at the door before being seen
- The guardian will be asked to sit in the clinical area with the patient
Please notify us if you have been sick in the last two weeks or have had contact with someone who has been sick in the last two weeks. You will not have to wait an extended period for a new appointment if you reschedule your appointment due to illness or suspected contact with someone exposed to COVID-19. We will reschedule your appointment to reflect a 2 week waiting period.
We are monitoring the situation continuously and will take additional steps as necessary to keep all of our patients and their families and friends safe.
– The Sosebee & Britt Orthodontics Team